SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & DEADLINES
IPEP India 2019 – A VOICE TO A VOICE
10th July 2019 . REGISTRATION, WRITE-UP + SKETCH.
First join any one of the IPEP’s social handles: Facebook and Instagram.
Be ready with all the image and text files as specified below to submit this Registration Form. For tips on formats and file-naming:
- Name, photo and resume: ‘First name’-‘Last name’ format preferred. File names of your uploaded photo and resume must match your name in the form.
For example: Name: Rajesh Pullarwar
Photo: rajesh pullarwar.jpg, rajesh pullarwar.png, etc.
Resume: rajesh pullarwar.pdf, rajesh pullarwar.doc, etc.
- Sketch or trial proof: Upload image of a ‘sketch or proof print’ for IPEP theme “A voice to a voice” (Not the final print/ edition).
Format: Draw your sketch on a paper 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Even a minor deviation from this size will not be accepted. The visual should be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″). Take a well lit photo/ scan. Upload the image file( .jpeg/ .jpg/ .png. ), min 1500px wide at 72ppi/dpi.
File name format: Your name – Work title – Medium.
For example: Rajesh Pullarwar – Untitled – Woodcut.jpg
- Write-up: A brief write-up about your approach to the subject in relation to the sketch. If selected, this will be included in the catalogue.
Max 100 words. Copy-paste text from any text-editing software.
15th July 2019 . Jury and Selection.
Entries will be short-listed by the curator and finalists duly informed. They need to confirm their willingness and ability to hold an IPEP portfolio exhibition. Only those who reply in the affirmative can proceed with final submission.
30th September 2019 . SUBMISSION OF FINAL PRINT.
- Use any traditional hand-pulled process (Digital prints and photographs not allowed.) on archival paper with exact dimensions of 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Even a minor deviation from this size will not be accepted. The visual must be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″).
- Participants are required to send a fixed number of editions (number of participants + 6) of the same impression +APs only . Numbering of prints should be 01/nn, 02/nn …. nn/nn. More/ less than requested number of print notations will not be accepted. Each edition should clearly mention the title, edition number, type of printing process employed and signature. This is so that each participant will receive a specific numbered portfolio. Extra prints for your personal record can be printed as A/P.
- All prints must be protected with glassine paper of same size.
- Final prints/editions of selected work must reach the address given below by 30th September 2019. Entries received after this due date will not be accepted. Please mention “Printed Materials, No Commercial value” on the shipment. This (one way) cost has to be borne by the participant.
International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP),
503/10A, Vrundavan MHADA, Shailendra Nagar, Dahisar East,
Mumbai – 400068, Maharashtra, India.
+91 9869620933, email@example.com
>>>Printed Materials, No Commercial Value<<<
15th November 2019 . Portfolios leave IPEP India.
IPEP will compile sets of profiles and prints of all finalists. They will be packed in custom designed printed boxes and couriered back to each participant. Expenses will be borne by IPEP India.
30th July 2020 . EXHIBITION BY PARTICIPANTS.
By 30th June 2019 each portfolio-holder must exhibit the received IPEP India compilation/ portfolio at a studio/ home/ gallery/ community-space etc. and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength. Share all related documentation (photographs, videos, publications, etc.).
Apply only if you can take on the responsibility to exhibit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- NO ENTRY FEE at any stage of the process.
- IPEP 2018 portfolio-holders are not allowed to enroll for 2019. They can apply again in 2020.
- English is the default language. Any miscommunication due to faulty translations(by a human or automated/ digital) will not be IPEP’s responsibility.
- Incomplete/ faulty registrations and final print submissions that are not in the exact sizes/ formats/ media as specified in the guidelines will be rejected. IPEP will post them back solely at the participant’s expense.
- If any printmaker fails to submit final prints within the deadline, numbers of portfolios will reduce and the resulting extra prints (submitted by others) will be sent back to the respective printmakers along with the compiled portfolio.
- IPEP will not be responsible for any loss or damage of prints in transit both ways. While sending back portfolios, IPEP’s responsibility ends with handing over the package to India Post and communicating details to participants. In case of non-delivery and return of portfolio (due to any reason such as loss in transit/ unclaimed package/ wrong address in registration form/ rejection from customs/ etc.), IPEP will make attempts to recover the portfolio from India Post and re-post if and only if the participant wishes to bear all the costs involved and pay in advance.
- IPEP expects the participants to keep posting their work process on IPEP India FB page for motivation. They should not post or share the final or cleared image of the print anywhere online as it may affect the value of the exhibitions.
- It is mandatory to publicly exhibit IPEP portfolio in/ around your locality (e.g.: studio, home, gallery, school, community space) and share all related documentation(photographs, video, publications, etc.) openly on IPEP social handles. Select material in high resolution may be requested by IPEP for promotional purposes.
- If multiple participants belong to the same locality, they can pool in resources and have a common exhibition of IPEP portfolio. Additional activities like demonstrations, workshops, etc. are expected in this case.
- Participants who fail to exhibit their IPEP India portfolio will not be entertained for future editions.
- Participants give the rights to IPEP India, portfolio-holders and exhibition organisers to store, exhibit and reproduce submitted data and artworks for IPEP related activities and promotional purposes.
- Participants waive all rights and compensations for the final prints they submit. Receivers are their respective portfolio’s absolute private owners. They are free to keep/ donate/ gift/ sell them in part/ whole and are under no obligation to share the information or incomes with anyone.
- International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP), India is a ‘non-profit individual initiative’ of founder, director and artist-printmaker Rajesh Pullarwar. There is no active involvement of any kind(by association, partnership, memorandum of understanding, etc.) of any institution/ gallery/ government or private bodies in its routine functioning. IPEP’s decisions will be final and binding throughout the process.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification at IPEP’s sole discretion. Registration/ submission to the programme through the website or by invitation assumes acceptance of these terms. Any conflicts arising out of this arrangement will be settled in the courts of Mumbai, State of Maharashtra, India.