Applications for 2022 are now closed.
To know about IPEP India’s next call and events, please subscribe to email updates or follow us on social media.
WHO CAN/ NOT APPLY?
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Those who are sure of organising an exhibition(either individually or as a group) of the portfolio received as part of this exercise.
- Any practicing artist who is familiar with traditional hand-pulled printmaking. They need not strictly be professional artist-printmakers.
- Practicing artists irrespective of their academic background, 22+ years of age, from anywhere in the world.
WHO CANNOT APPLY?
- Those unsure of being able to organise an exhibition of the portfolio received as part of this exercise.
- Past portfolio holders who have not yet organised an exhibition.
- Finalists/ portfolio holders from 2021. (They can apply again in 2023.)
- Past finalists who did not submit prints.
17 NOVEMBER 2022.
PROPOSAL SKETCH & WRITE-UP.
- Please join any one of the IPEP India’s social handles: Facebook and Instagram or subscribe to e-mail updates to stay informed. (Not mandatory)
- Go through the curatorial theme.
- Scratch your head, heart and soul to come up with a ‘proposal sketch and write-up’. A preparatory-sketch covering basic composition and color and few words that capture your initial impression of the theme. (Do not submit older/ existing works or print an edition yet.)
Format for proposal sketch: Sketch on a paper 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). The visual should be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″). Take a well lit photo/ scan. Max. 2MB, .jpg/ .jpeg only.
Format for proposal write-up: A brief note(Max. 100 word, typed on computer) about your approach to the subject in relation to the sketch. If your entry is selected, this will be included in the catalogue.
- Upload them through the application form link at the end of this page. Carefully go through the details below before you do.
06 12 December 2022. Jury and Selection.
Entries will be short-listed by the curator and finalists duly informed. They need to confirm their willingness and ability to hold an IPEP India portfolio exhibition. Only those who reply in the affirmative can proceed with final submission.
31 JANUARY 2023.
SUBMISSION OF FINAL PRINTS.
- Use any traditional hand-pulled process (Digital prints and photographs not allowed.) on archival paper with exact dimensions of 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm (12″X 12″). Even a minor deviation from this size will not be accepted. The visual must be a minimum of 20 cm x 20 cm (8″x 8″).
- Send 46 editions each of the same impression. 40 prints go into the portfolios returned to the 40 participants and 6 are used for IPEP India’s distribution and archives. Numbering of prints should be 01/46, 02/46, … 45/46 and 46/46. More/ less than requested number of print notations will not be accepted. Extra prints for your personal record can be printed as A/P.
- Each edition should clearly mention the title, edition number, type of printing process employed and signature on the front. Mention your name and country in pencil behind each print. This helps in sending back specific numbered prints’ in the portfolio to each participant, eg.: Participant A receives all prints marked 01/46, participant B receives all marked 2/46 and so on,
- All prints must be protected with glassine paper of same size. The same glassine paper will be used in the returned collated portfolios.
- Help us reduce material wastage by sealing the cover packaging such that it can be reused.
- Final prints/editions of selected work must reach us by 31 January 2023. Entries received after this due date will not be accepted.
- Contact IPEP India for shipping instructions and details.
- This (one way) cost of shipping from participant to IPEP India has to be borne by the participant.
15 March 2023. Portfolios leave IPEP India.
IPEP India will compile portfolios containing prints, catalogues and exhibition labels. They will be packed in custom designed printed boxes and couriered back to each participant. Expenses for this will be borne by IPEP India.
31 DECEMBER 2024.
EXHIBITION BY PARTICIPANTS.
By this date each portfolio-holder must exhibit the received IPEP India compilation/ portfolio at a studio/ home/ gallery/ community-space etc. and invite people to celebrate printmaking and its strength. Share all related documentation (photographs, videos, publications, etc.) with the community.
Apply only if you can take on the responsibility to organise an exhibition of your portfolio.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- NO ENTRY FEE at any stage of the process since IPEP India works on pure barter.
- English is the default language. Any miscommunication due to faulty translations(by a human or automated/ digital) will not be IPEP India’s responsibility.
- Incomplete/ faulty applications and final print submissions that are not in the exact sizes/ formats/ media as specified in the guidelines will be rejected. IPEP India will post them back solely at the participant’s expense.
- If any printmaker/s fail to submit final prints within the deadline, numbers of portfolios will reduce and the resulting extra prints (submitted by others) will be sent back to the respective printmakers along with the compiled portfolio.
- IPEP India will not be responsible for any loss or damage of prints in transit both ways. While sending back portfolios, IPEP India’s responsibility ends with handing over the package to India Post and communicating details to participants. In case of non-delivery and return of portfolio (due to any reason such as loss in transit/ unclaimed package/ wrong address in application form/ rejection from customs/ etc.), IPEP India will make attempts to recover the portfolio from India Post and re-post if and only if the participant wishes to bear all the costs involved and pay in advance.
- IPEP India expects the participants to keep posting their work process on Facebook and Instagram for motivation. They should not post or share the final or cleared image of the print anywhere online as it may affect the value of the exhibitions.
- It is mandatory to publicly exhibit IPEP India portfolio in/ around your locality (e.g.: studio, home, gallery, school, community space) and share all related documentation(photographs, video, publications, etc.) openly on IPEP India social handles. Select material in high resolution may be requested by IPEP India for promotional purposes.
- If multiple participants belong to the same locality, they can pool in resources and have a common exhibition of IPEP India portfolio. Additional activities like demonstrations, workshops, etc. are expected in this case.
- Participants give the rights to IPEP India, portfolio-holders and exhibition organisers to store, exhibit and reproduce submitted data and artworks for IPEP India related activities and promotional purposes.
- Participants waive all rights and compensations for the final prints they submit. Receivers are their respective portfolio’s absolute private owners. They are free to keep/ donate/ gift/ sell them in part/ whole and are under no obligation to share the information or incomes with anyone.
- IPEP India 2021 portfolio-holders are not allowed to enroll for 2022. They can apply again in 2023.
- Participants who have failed to exhibit their IPEP India portfolios(2020 and earlier) will not be entertained for future editions. They can apply again after holding an exhibition(even a delayed one) of their portfolio.
- Artists whose names made to the final lists in the past, but failed to submit their prints are not eligible to apply.
- International Print Exchange Programme (IPEP) India is a ‘non-profit initiative’ of founder, director and artist-printmaker Rajesh Pullarwar. There is no active involvement of any kind(by nature of commerce, association, partnership, memorandum of understanding, etc.) of any institution/ gallery/ government or private bodies in its routine functioning. IPEP India’s decisions will be final and binding throughout the process.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notification at IPEP India’s sole discretion. Application/ submission to the programme through the website or by invitation assumes acceptance of these terms. Any conflicts arising out of this arrangement will be settled in the courts of Mumbai, State of Maharashtra, India.
LINK TO APPLICATION FORM
Applications for 2022 are now closed.
Please stay tuned through Facebook and Instagram or subscribe to the mailing list at the end of this page to get updates on IPEP India’s activities.
In case of any doubts please go through the FAQ page or contact us at email@example.com.